Do you have left over rice? Tired of white rice? Is your refrigerator full? Wondering what to do with it? Here is a solution for you!!!
- Left over rice
- Left over stew or cereals( not necessary left over)
- Green onions
- Garlic crushed
- Ginger crushed
- 2-3 tomatoes/ tomato paste
- Bell peppers (green or red)
- Carrots cubed/ diced/grated
- Dhania chopped
- Spice (pilau masala, chicken masala, turmeric)
- Salt to taste
- Cooking oil
- Put 3-4 table spoon of oil into a pan let it heat for a while add onion until its soft and tender.
- Add the crushed garlic and ginger, pilau masala, salt, chicken masala and bell peppers and mix.
- Let everything fry in the pan until it starts sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Add the tomatoes/ paste and carrots and mix, let it simmer for two minutes; add the remaining spices and some little water.
- Let this cook for about 3-4 minutes stirring if need be. Taste and adjust the seasoning according to your taste.
- Add the left over stew/ cereals continue stirring until they absorb the spices.
- Add the precooked rice and mix well until everything is well combined.
- Cook this until the rice is heated through.
- Sprinkle the dhania (optional) then serve.