Hair is one of the most essential features of a woman. Most women love their hair long but we find that not even half percent of all the women in the world have long and thick hair. Why is it that some people have their hair at a certain length fixed for a long time? What stops hair from growing? Or what makes hair grow?
After a request by one of my fans, I realized that I needed to do a blog post that will help everyone who is struggling with their hair. Ladies out there, this is for you.
I have always believed that 2 things are the constant enemies of hair growth. Guess what and what? Relaxers and Heat. Most women think that letting go of their natural hair is a good decision until they find their hair breaking at the ends and becoming weaker and thinner. Relaxers have a way of diminishing hair growth and limiting its potential to grow to high lengths. Relaxers may make our hair look beautiful and shiny but they have more harm than good. While heat is a better way of treating our natural hair, let us try to reduce the rate at which we use flat irons and blow dryers to once in 3 months and eventually to twice or once in a year or in special occasions.
To every lady out there, learn to wear your natural hair as it is. If you have curls or straight or wavy hair, there is always a styling option for you that can make you manage your hair and also maintain that look that you want. Try to find a vlogger or a role model who has your hair type and see what techniques or styles they use to keep their hair neat and healthy. Some of the most incredible hair vloggers I look up to are: Melissa Denise, Ebony Curls, Mahogany Curls, Fusion of Culture and My Natural Sisters.
There are 3 things that I can recommend you to do every day that will eventually enhance your hair growth.
- Drink 1 tablespoon of grounded flaxseeds mixed with 1 cup of water. Find more benefits of flax seeds here: https://draxe.com/10-flax-seed-benefits-nutrition-facts/
- Do the inversion exercise. This is flipping your head over (upside down) and giving your scalp a good 5-minute massage with your fingertips.
- Massage your scalp frequently to promote increased blood circulation.
SALUMMY’S 7 DAY HAIR JOURNAL THAT YOU CAN ADAPT:
- Oil your hair with the Kaddi Patta Hair oil, contact 0705586076 to get yours.
- Add blended garlic, onion and ginger to the hair oil.
- Massage your scalp and then steam your hair with a steamer or just put on a shower cap.
- Stay with this mixture overnight.
- Deep condition your hair before you wash it.
This is a method of making your own deep conditioner for shiny and healthier hair:
- Take 1 ripe banana (bananas are good for hair manageability), add 2 tablespoons of pure honey (honey moisturizes and adds shine to the hair), add 2 tablespoons of solid coconut oil (coconut oil easily penetrates the hair shaft) and add 2 tablespoons of coconut milk (they are rich in protein, iron and essential oils).
- Blend the mixture.
- Add the mixture to your hair starting from the ends going up until the whole head is covered.
- Stay with this mixture for 30 minutes covering your head with a shower cap before you set out to wash.
- Then shampoo your hair, add a little water to your shampoo to reduce breakage.
- Condition your hair normally.
- After you have washed your hair, apply some leave-in conditioner.
While leave-in conditioners can be found in supermarkets, you can as well prepare yours at home.
- Keep 250 ml of shea butter and 150 ml of solid coconut oil in a bowl and blend until they form a mixture. Then apply to your hair paying close attention to your scalp. Let your hair remain moisturized and shiny all day long.
Oil your hair with the Kaddi Patta hair oil, while massaging your scalp ensuring that the oil penetrates the hair shaft.
Style your hair as desired.
1 secret to long and thicker hair is to ensure that your hair is moisturized if not all the time, then most of the times. You can purchase a hair moisturizer or make your own at home.
- You will need ½ cup of shea butter mixed with ½ cup of solid coconut oil, add a tablespoon of aloe vera gel, add 1 tablespoon of glycerin, add a little bit of the Kaddi Patta hair oil or jojoba oil if you can get and a bit of lavender oil. Mix the following in a bowl until they form a mixture. Then apply on your hair and sleep with it.
Thursday: Apply the leave in conditioner and sprinkle a bit of rice water on the places you have less hair. Find how to make the rice water for hair growth here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rt_VkXvM79U
Friday: Moisturize your hair again and style as desired.
This is not an assurance that your hair will grow to tailbone length but I guarantee an increase in your hair in some way. Do not forget to subscribe to www.salummy.co.ke for more amazing articles.