1 1/2 cups of normal flour
2 tablespoons of sugar
2 teaspoons of baking powder
3/4 teaspoons of salt
2 large eggs
1 1/4 cups of milk (I use milk powder)
1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
3 tablespoons of melted butter (I use prestige margarine)
Method of Preparation:
- Sieve and mix the dry ingredients with a whisk in a bowl.
- Separate the egg whites from the egg yolks and set them aside on two different bowls.
- Whip the egg whites until fluffy and peaks form- keep aside.
- Add milk and vanilla essence to the egg yolks and beat together until they bubble up.
- Mix in the butter then add in all the dry ingredients and whisk together until they are incorporated. Do not overmix.
- Fold in the egg whites in 2 additions- add half the egg whites and then fold in the other half.
- Let the batter rest for 15-2o minutes.
- Heat the pan and lightly coat the surface with oil.
- Use a greased scoping cup to scoop and pour the mixture on the pan- do not try to round the pancake by pouring in a circular way, dump the mixture and it will round itself out.
- When bubbles start forming on the top side of the pancake, gently ease the spatula under the pancake and turn it.- do not pat down or press down the pancake, it will ruin its texture.
- Keep adjusting the heat.
- You can pour some honey or fruits on plating.