You have tried all types of hair products at the stores. You hair is still so weak, the split ends are a horror and you are a total mess. You keep envying all these people you see on the television ads that have perfect long black hair. That should not despair you. Salummy has something for you that is going to make your hair turn into something better, I don’t promise what Pantene or Amla commercials promise, don’t come to hit me. But I promise you progress, progress in seeing your hair turn you into a fully-packaged lady.
I have grouped the work into 4 categories.
- Hair treatments
- Scalp massage
- How to generally handle your hair
- Recommended hair oils
There are two types of treatments that you can try with your hair.
The natural hair treatment I would advise you to use is to mix a grounded banana with a bit of coconut milk, honey, an egg and olive oil. I know you find this hilarious, right? This works really well if you ensure that the ingredients above are well mixed to form the right composition and then applied directly to the scalp. You should then leave the mixture for 30 minutes and wash off with mild shampoo.
The artificial method is just buying the ready-made treatments that you can find in the beauty shops. Always get avocado or onion hair treatments because they are formulated to fortify and give extra care to dry hair. You can choose LORYS products. They are high quality products that go for that limited budget of yours.
There are two natural techniques that you can adapt. You can use either ginger or onion and mix well with pure olive oil. Take your ginger/onion grate it, extract the water using a sieve, mix with olive oil and store in a small bottle. Apply gently to your scalp, and leave for 30 minutes. Wash off with mild shampoo.
Note: You can alternate the scalp massage with the natural hair treatments. If this week you will be using the scalp massage, then next week should be the hair treatment.
How to generally handle your hair
- Ensure that you always apply the hair oils or treatments right on your scalp. Don’t sprinkle oil just on top of your hair and expect it to grow. Hair needs care just like plants need water. You need to constantly keep that in mind; the scalp is your answer, know that.
- Never comb your hair when it is still very wet. You will see layers of your hair on that comb of yours and you won’t have anything to do but sulk.
- This is facetious but you can never grow long hair if you don’t keep trimming. I know that you have never trimmed that hair of yours since 5 years back-that is a huge mistake that you need to rectify. You have to trim the split ends at least once per month because the split ends make your hair weak and thus it fails to grow healthier and longer.
- Comb your hair daily but gently. Use a jumbo comb more than a hair-brush or a tiny comb. A jumbo comb ensures that your hair is completely untangled and less hair goes down to the comb.
- Use good shampoos. If you are the type that keeps budgeting even for your own hair care, then don’t get angry if you find your hair at that same position every time. You need to use good shampoos that have no side effects and do not leave your hair feeling all sticky like some gum. You can use Pantene. If you still feel its way too costly, you have an option of purchasing the 2-in-1 Pantene that acts as both a shampoo and a conditioner.
- Style your hair as you desire but do not keep using those heat-styling tools a lot. They are your greatest villain. These include the blow dryers, curl machines and the straighteners that cut your hair off like scissors.
- It is recommended to use heena because it thickens the hair BUT, you have to apply lots of hair oil if you select this option since it drains your head of all its oils.
Recommended hair oils
- Olive oil
- Coconut oil
- Amla oil
- Simsim oil
- Argan oil
You can mix all the above except Amla, and use jointly or you can use just one that you may like. However, I insist you should not miss on the Argan oil and this now forms the basis of the whole post.
‘Argan hair oil products and where to get them’
Check out some of the unique Argan products that my friends are selling right here in Mombasa:
Argan Hydrating Shampoo-475ml
For weightless re-hydration designed to re-balance the hair moisture level. Damaged hair is repaired and regains softness suppleness and shine. The innovative ultra hydrating formulas offer extraordinary superior hydration. Recharge your hair with natural Argan oil moisture without overburdening it. For soft, supple and nourished hair, full of healthy shine and vitality.
Moroccan Argan Oil Elixir Shampoo-500ml
Moroccan Argan Oil Leave-In Conditioner
This is ideal for distressed and damaged hair. Mild formula effectively repairs chemically treated hair. Deeply moisturizes and rejuvenates hair, making it silky, glossy and easy to comb. Rich moisturizing conditioner instantly detangles and replenishes your hair.
Moroccan Argan Oil Elixir Hair Mask
Argan based anti-aging repair mask is rich in fatty acids (omega 6), Vitamin A and Vitamin E which provides repair and deep hydration and protects cell membranes against oxidation and slows the aging of hair fiber.
Moroccan Argan Oil Elixir Hair-care Oil
Rich in Vitamin E, phenols, carotenes, squalene and fatty acids. The essential fatty acids fight against drying, dehydrating and the loss of elasticity. Moroccan Argan Oil ELIXIR OIL is a luxurious elixir to restore over-processed hair damaged by chemicals and environmental free radicals – it also revives, hydrates and detangles hair, wigs and extensions. Ultra-light miracle Argan oil leaves NO residue and NO oil build-up. It only provides a silky finish and brilliant shining of your hair.
Moroccan Argan Oil Elixir Skincare Oil
This liquid gold is a phenomenal multipurpose, lightweight natural oil that just brings out the glow in skin, hair and nails as a “miracle ingredient”. It has excellent moisture retention against juvenile acne and flaking of the skin. Moroccan Argan Oil Elixir Skincare Oil is used in the treatment of wrinkled or scaly dry skin and has anti-aging benefits. It has extremely high levels of Vitamin E, saponins (skin softening agents) and 80% fatty acids which make it perfect for healing many skin ailments as well as protecting against premature aging caused by oxidation.
Argan Oil Hydrating Hair Mask Cream
Argan based hydrating mask is rich in fatty acids (omega6), vitamin A&E which provides repair, deep hydration and prevents hair loss/breakage. It protects cell membranes against oxidation and slows the aging of the hair fiber.
Argan Oil Serum-100ml
Argan Oil Serum is a luxurious elixir to restore over-processed hair damaged by chemicals and environmental free radicals – it also revives, hydrates and detangles hair and hair extensions. Ultra-light miracle Argan oil leaves NO residue and No oil build up, it only provides silky a finish and brilliant shine. Due to the Argan oil’s benefits for healthy hair, it is often called liquid gold in beauty industries. Argan oil penetrates into the hair pores and enhances the elasticity of hair. Argan oil is super good for unmanageable hair. It restores the smoothness of hair and provides smooth healthy hair. Natural antioxidants contained in Argan oil strengthen the hair by repairing the damaged cellular membrane of the hair.
To get your Argan Products, just contact:
CONTACTS: +254 731 613 018 or +254 736 474 542
Or Instagram handle: otto_keunis_kenya
Till then, don’t forget to subscribe to salummy.co.ke for more exciting posts.
Kindly subscribe below.
(Photos are all from sources)
Have a great day!